Thursday 4 December 2014

Developing My Final Design

In lesson I practised my final design with two scenarios, a fish tail plait and a bun to compare which one I preferred after completing the main basis of my design.

I took my inspiration from the Chanel Pre fall 2013 collection as I liked the idea of having a Elizabethan padding but synching it at the sides to give it a modern twist, therefore I had my starting point for the design. 



I started with the padding on top and the French plaits at the side as I knew I wanted to incorporate this into my final design.

I then incorporated a fish tail plait with the remaining hair. I did really like the idea of having two plaits, however when looking at the hair altogether it reminds me of how people plait horses hair for a dressage.


Next I tried a bun, I much preferred this look as I think it brought everything together. I liked how I incorporated the Elizabethan style in a very modern way.


No comments:

Post a Comment